Combined Properties is a full-service investment and real estate development firm specializing in commercial and multi-family residential properties. We take a long-term approach to business and have a clear vision for our future. This forward-focused perspective, coupled with our passion for creating better places to live and work, is reflected in all areas of our business: we hire and retain creative, experienced staff, invest in and develop quality assets, contract with premier vendors, cultivate long-lasting and responsive customer relationships, and invest wholly in the communities in which we work and call home.
The Property Manager (Residential) is responsible for directing the activities of property management on a day-to-day basis for the company’s residential properties. Works with and has some direct responsibilities for accounting and leasing activity. Has direct contact with tenants and impacts company/tenant relations. Also active in the budgeting and budget tracking process, administering various operational policies, and quality control.
- Demonstrate a positive, professional and client-oriented attitude about the company with coworkers, tenants, clients and the public whether contact is by mail, telephone or in person. Constantly strive for improvements in work process and results to better meet client’s expectations.
- On assigned properties, act as the company’s primary coordinator to assure that the company’s efforts fully meet and exceed contractual property management obligations. Direct the day-to-day activities of loss prevention, risk management, safety/security, maintenance, marketing, landscaping and snow removal.
- Develop operating income/expense budgets and capital budgets that reflect the owner’s objectives for operating the property, cash flow requirements and leasing strategy. Prepare this document to be used as an ongoing accounting reporting tool. Further accountability includes administration of budgets, operational review and analysis of corrective action needed. Recommend and implement programs that contribute to profitability.
- Analyze and distribute monthly financial statements including operating variances from budget, cash management and strategies for collection of receivables.
- Maintain complete and accurate property files and records, according to department systems, with an emphasis on documentation for future reference. Coordinate with headquarters support staff on management company procedures for processing and distributing information. Provide prompt, detailed and accurate general status reports on all properties assigned.
- Coordinate collection and documentation of all revenues following lease obligations of tenants and the owner’s policy on accounts receivable. Collect delinquent accounts promptly. Communicate with accounting department to ensure accuracy of rent roll and accounts receivable.
- Engage, contract, supervise and approve invoices for all goods/services required to maintain the properties up to company and owner standards. Develop a network of emergency services and be available for 24 hour per weekend coverage as required. Develop specifications and continually evaluate service needs and performance in all areas of maintenance and management. Forecast and manage replacement of major capital expense items including HVAC system, roof systems, parking lot surfaces, etc.
- Manage tenant relations and coordinate requests for repairs and maintenance, understanding of rent charges, lease issues and other tenant concerns. Assist in managing tenant “fit-up” work, as needed or assigned. Represent ownership at promotional meetings of merchants. Complete regular retail sales analysis to assure thorough information on center sales and accurate, timely overage billings.
- Liaison with other disciplines/departments within the company to provide a team approach to the management of real estate. Coordinate the activities not directly controlled by the manager but directly related to each property i.e.: production of sales statements, insurance monitoring, leasing, marketing and promotions, capital improvements, accounting/financial reporting and legal services.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships between departments, with coworkers and particularly with other members of a project team. Prepare for team meetings, in advance, and act as chairperson for the meeting.
- Keep abreast of new technologies, systems and procedures related to property management.
Combined Properties provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training